On Monday, March 26th Penn Dems will kick off our “Out of Many One” series with this panel beginning at 7 PM in Bodek Lounge in Houston Hall.
At this event, we will be shedding light on this very important issue of racial diversity in American political leadership, registering students to vote, and advocating for diversity in political leadership, as well as political activism.
The panel will consist of Mayor Michael Nutter, Professor Rogers Smith, and Councilwoman Maria Quinones Sanchez (the first Latina ever elected to office in Philadelphia). It will be moderated by the Reverend William Gipson, the Associate Vice-Provost of Equity and Access. Following the panel, there will be a “Q and A,” and a catered reception during which students can continue the discussion that begins on the panel.
This is a non-partisan, educational event open to everyone! Co-sponsors include UMOJA, the Black Student League, the United Minorities Council, the Asian Pacific Students Coalition, the NAACP, Society for Pre-Law Students of Color (SPOC), the Latino Coalition, and T-Change.
Leave a comment
Like us on Facebook!
- UNIVERSITY GUN CONTROL FORUM April 17, 2013On Wednesday, April 17th, Mayor Nutter, Police Commissioner Ramsey, and Assistant District Attorney McCann will be engaging in an open discussion for our University Gun Control Forum. Everyday, people die due to […]
- Gun Control Action Week April 15, 2013To kick off the Gun Control Action Week, the Penn Democrats Executive Board has authored an op-ed in the Daily Pennsylvanian. Check it out here and stay tuned for more updates regarding […]
- Marriage Equality Leadership Statement April 8, 2013Penn Dems is very proud to announce the national release of our bipartisan Marriage Equality Leadership Statement. In conjunction with the College Republicans, we have reached out to schools across […]
- Marriage Equality March 28, 2013Penn Dems believes in marriage equality for all. From our bi-partisan Valentine’s Day event to educational fireside chats about the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act, we will continue […]
- Penn Dems Demands a Plan for Gun Reform March 19, 2013Check out our new page outlining different ways you can make your voice heard on the gun control debate! www.penndems.org/actnow […]