2015-2016 Challenge Detroit Job Posting
Who we are:
Challenge Detroit is a proven model for urban revitalization by attracting and retaining top talent, and offering the opportunity to contribute to a great city by providing the opportunity for tomorrow’sleaders to live in an urban setting, work at a leading area company, experience the cultural aspects of the city, and partner with nonprofits to make an impact through an innovative intellectual giving model. The yearlong Fellowship program provides an opportunity for approximately 30 individuals of various intellects and backgrounds to come together in an effort to shape the future of Detroit. Through a wide-spread social movement, the narratives and experiences of these individuals is amplifying Detroit’s potential and influencing public perception about the present and future of the city.
Challenge Detroit is now accepting applications for the fourth class of Fellows through Sunday, March 8, 2015.
Challenge Detroit will select approximately 30 innovative leaders from across the United States to live, work, play, give and lead in Detroit for one year beginning in September 2015. Fellows will:
- Engage in monthly team challenges based on intellectual giving, in partnership with area nonprofits, designed to positively impact the city and region;
- Work at one of the top companies in the region;
- Receive a $36,000 annual salary plus benefits typical of host company;
- Live in the city of Detroit;
- Participate in a leadership development program; and
Receive perks such as memberships to various organizations, discounts, event access and more.
Each Fellow will work at one of the Challenge Detroit host companies for four days a week. Companies include major corporations such as Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, smaller ventures such as Saroki Architecture and nonprofits such as the United Way of Southeastern Michigan. Each company will employ a Challenge Detroit Fellow for one year. From marketing to healthcare, and architecture to communications, Challenge Detroit has a job for individuals with various backgrounds who want to make a difference in the community.
While Fellows work with their host companies four days a week, on the fifth day of the week, they work with area nonprofits on initiatives designed to positively impact the city and region. Fellows follow the Challenge Detroit intellectual giving model using design thinking to execute on projects ranging from marketing and fundraising, to community events and strategic planning.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or be enrolled at an accredited institution and actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree on at least a part-time enrollment basis with expected graduation by the time Challenge Detroit launches in September 2015.
- Must be U.S. resident or legal resident alien.
Passionate, hard-working and inventive.
Challenge Detroit is proud to reflect diversity and inclusion in all facets of the program.
Challenge Detroit is accepting Phase One applications until Sunday, March 8, 2015 and the year in Detroit will begin in September 2015. If you want to be involved in one of the most exciting social movements in the history of Detroit, learn more and apply here: http://challengedetroit.org/